Penshurst RSL Club, in partnership with Clubs NSW and the ClubSafe program, aim to achieve best practice in the responsible service of gambling. The ClubSafe program achieves this by offering a variety of tools, training and services to help clubs concerned with gambling best practice.
The ClubSafe self-exclusion process provides customers the option to choose to be excluded from the club. The Multi-Venue Self-Exclusion (MVSE) program is an online system designed to enable people with a gambling problem to self-exclude from venues around where they live, work and socialise. Over the past decade, self-exclusion and face-to-face counselling have worked hand-in-hand to assist problem gamblers overcome destructive behaviour.
Members and visitors have the right to exclude themselves from the club. Our club managers are trained to be a confidential point of contact to handle problem gambling issues. Staff are trained to ensure discretion regarding matters of problem gamblers. For more information on the self-exclusion option please contact the duty manager or operations manager in person, or telephone 02 9580 3749.
The club provides its gaming and wagering services in a responsible manner through the creation of a responsible gambling environment for its members, guests and visitors.
This policy is to facilitate the provision of gambling services to members, guests and visitors in a responsible, friendly and professional manner. The policy objectives are to:
- Avoid, where possible, harm goes to a person as a result of using the club’s gambling facilities
- Prevent persons under the age of 18 years from gambling in the club
- Train all employee in the responsible service of gambling
- Responsibly promote the club’s gambling activities and facilities
- Reduce problem gambling by identifying and assisting problem gamblers through self-exclusion and involuntary exclusion from the premises. In addition, provide problem gamblers with accredited counselling services
The club has adopted the following guidelines and procedures to achieve these objectives:
- Implement and monitor this policy
- Provide adequate signage and brochures in appropriate areas that promote responsible gambling and inform a gambler of specialist counselling and other problem gambling services
- Not advertise market or conduct gaming promotions that encourage irresponsible and/or excessive gambling
- Deny entry to those under 18 years into the gaming areas of the club
- Implement responsible practices in the handling of financial transactions
- Ensure that automatic teller machines are located outside the authorised gaming area of the club
- Refer patrons who request assistance to an accredited problem gambling counsellor
Player activity statements are available upon request.
Think! About your choices call gambling help 1800 858 858 www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au