Penshurst RSL Youth Swim Club is a family orientated swim club that offers a community-based, volunteer-run, water safety programme to its members. Swim Club is sponsored by Penshurst RSL Club Ltd and membership is open to the children of all current financial members of Penshurst RSL. We would like to thank Penshurst RSL for its unwavering support each season and its overall commitment to the youth of the community.
Our lessons aim to enable children to become confident in and around the water, with the added benefit of learning how to swim. By encouraging participants to reach ‘personal bests’, many of our swimmers gain enough skill and confidence to progress to zone and state levels. We swim most Saturdays from September, through to the end of March and parental involvement is necessary to the success, longevity and cost effectiveness of the club. Parents are always welcome to join the committee meetings on the second Tuesday of the month at Penshurst RSL from 7-9 pm and all parents are integral to the success of lessons and season carnivals.
Our club offers quality & value for money, with swimming and water safety lessons in ability- based classes. We are registered with the NSW Active Kids Program, a State government initiative that offers rebates for school aged children in sporting activities.
- Learn-to-swim and stroke development lessons (see below for ability groupings)
- Squad classes
Classes run on Saturday mornings between 7am-9am. They are held at the indoor pool Peakhurst West Public School, Ogilvy Street South, Peakhurst (entry off school car park).
Facebook: Penshurst RSL Youth Swim Club
- Swim season starts: 3rd August 2019 at 7.00am – 9.00am. This will continue for five Saturday mornings through August.
- All lessons in August are 2 hours duration.
- Breakfast will be supplied for swimmers for the month of August.
Carnival dates include (parental assistance will be required):
- October 26th: Venue: Botany
- November 9th: Venue: North Ryde
- November 23rd: Venue: Carrs Park
- December 7th: Zone Championship Venue: Maroubra
From September (All welcome)
- SQUAD lesson for the 2019-2020 season will be run for one hour duration from 7am – 8am
- Learn To Swim Group 1 (Tadpoles) and Group 2 (Starfish) are 45 mins lessons from 8am – 8:45am.
- Learn To Swim Group 3 (Seahorses), Group 4 (Sting Ray), Group 5 (Sharks) are for one hour duration from 8am – 9am.
- Parental volunteers will be essential for the weekly canteen and monthly BBQ – please see Helen to volunteer.
2019-2020 Swim season costs
- For Carnival swimmers registering in August, payment of $281.00 will be for the season which includes a $20.00 registration fee. This cost includes entries into carnivals. However, an additional $30 deposit will be held and then returned, when all carnivals completed. Conditions apply. See below.
- For all other swimmers registering in September (7th), payment of $236.00 for the season includes a $20.00 registration fee. We encourage all swimmers Group 4 Sting Ray and above, to compete in carnivals. The Season cost includes entries into carnivals. However, an additional $30 deposit will be held and returned, when all carnivals are completed. Conditions apply. See below.
- Swimming costumes are available at a discounted rate of $50.00 (Value $85.00). These can be worn every Saturday morning, and must be worn for Carnivals. Various sizes available.
- The final swim of 2019 is December 14th and classes resume January 12th 2020. March 28th 2020, is the final swim for the season and the annual Presentation Night.
Season payment can be made by:
- Cheque (made out to “Penshurst RSL Youth Club Swimming”) OR
- Direct Deposit to BSB: 062 184
Account: 0090 7350
Name: Penshurst RSL Youth Club Swimming
Note: Please add the name of the Swim Club member, for reconciliation of payments.
*Please note – there are no facilities/options to pay weekly.
All carnival swimmers are required to pay a fully refundable $30.00 deposit for entry to the carnivals. Swimmers are required to participate in all three carnivals. The deposit will be refunded on completion of all three carnivals, provided the swimmer has competed in all their nominated races. Please see Lihua on Saturday mornings to organise this deposit.
A parent/primary caregiver of a club swimmer, must be a current, financial member of Penshurst RSL club.
Please complete the registration document and bring it to your first lesson. If you are new to the club, please arrive early for your first lesson to allow for ability assessment.